Community Nutrition Educator
WRHA Community Nutrition Educator Program
The Community Nutrition Educator Program is a free service to support community programs and non-profit organizations with general healthy eating information.
Community Nutrition Educators are trained volunteers who provide reliable, unbiased and current information on healthy eating and food to the community. Community Nutrition Educators work with a variety of people and groups in all community areas of Winnipeg. The activities and topics that CNEs conduct in each community will differ depending on the specific needs of a community. Some examples include:
- Participating at community health fairs and preschool wellness fairs (information booths);
- Facilitate workshops on topics such as: Canada’s Food Guide, menu planning, safe food handling, and budgeting to the public or agency staff;
- Conduct a cooking class or food demonstration
Steps for Requesting a Community Nutrition Educator:
- Download the service request form from this link:
- CNE Request Form
- CNE Demande de service
- Download and review the frequently asked questions document from this link:
- CNE FAQs for Agencies
- CNE Foire a questions
- Complete the service request form with as much information as possible
- Email or fax the completed service request form to your community area public health dietitian (see pages 2&3 of the service request form for contact information)
- Wait to be contacted by your community area public health dietitian. You should be contacted within one week.
The Community Nutrition Educator Program is modelled after the Ontario Community Food Advisor program, which has been successfully operating for over 20 years. More information about the CFA program can be found at: http://www.communityfoodadvisor.ca/ .
Private practice dietitians are an excellent resource for fee-for service or corporate events (e.g. workplace wellness) and to provide information on therapeutic diets or diet counselling. Visit the following website(s) to locate a private practice dietitian:
Dietitians of Canada
College of Dietitians of Manitoba