Regional Immunization Manual
Competency #2: Vaccine Preventable Diseases
Competency: Demonstrates an understanding of the rationale and benefit of immunization, as relevant to the practice setting.
The Health Professional will be able to perform the following;
- Describe the key clinical features, including acute and long-term complications, of each vaccine-preventable disease.
- Describe the key epidemiologic features of each vaccine-preventable disease.
- Describe the historical impact of immunization on the epidemiology of vaccine-preventable disease.
- For each of the vaccines administered in the practice setting, formulate a response to the question “Why should I be immunized when vaccine-preventable diseases are so rare in Canada?”
- Explain why accurate diagnosis of vaccine-preventable diseases is important.
Back to the Table of Contents