What is the Support Services to Seniors program?
Support Services to Seniors offer community-based programs for seniors that promote health and well-being and assist seniors to continue to live in the community. These services are offered throughout the Winnipeg health region by a variety of community agencies.
What are the goals of the Support Services to Seniors program?
- Reducing barriers to improve and/or maintain health status,
- Fostering social and physical environments that support health and independence,
- Promoting optimal well-being through lifelong learning,
- Increasing health promotion, chronic disease management, social connectiveness,
- prevent and/or postpone disabilities, distress, discomfort and preventable injury,
- Increasing the capacity of older adults to have meaningful control over their health and well-being.
Download Support Services to Seniors Framework
What types of services are offered?
Congregate Meal Programs
Tenant Resource Programs
Seniors Resource Finders (Formerly Community Resource Programs)
Regional Senior Serving Organizations
Healthy Aging Resource Teams
Community resources and tools
Click here to access community resources and tools
Active Living Coalition of Older Adults Manitoba
Alzheimer Society Manitoba
Canadian Caregiver Coalition
Family Doctor Finder
Health Services Directory
Manitoba Caregiver Coalition
Nutrition for Older Adults
Transportation Options Network
Seniors and Healthy Aging Secretariat
Winnipeg in motion
WRHA Mental Health Program